Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Assignment #14

Teacher Knows if You’ve Done the E-Reading


This post explains about the new technology called CourseSmart that allows teachers to see if and how often that their students are reading their assignments. CourseSmart is already altering the way that teachers present material, how students are responding to it. This software enables the teacher to determine if the student is actually leaning the material or just memorizing it the night before a test by checking how many times, if any, that the students open their books.
As a future teacher, I think that this new technology is a great way to monitor the student's work ethic. This lets teacher know which students need extra help when they are struggling or if they are just being lazy and not reading the assignment. This also helps the teacher know if his/her student is actually learning from their readings, or if they are only memorizing the main points. I think that this will benefit both the teacher and the students in the future.
As a student, I think that knowing that the teacher can see if I am actually reading the assignment will inspire me to do my homework. This holds each student accountable for their reading homework, and I can bet that more students will begin reading if schools used CourseSmart in their classrooms. Also, I would feel like I had to pay more attention to may readings and take better notes if my teachers were monitoring my homework. I may not like it because I would not be able to skim by anymore, but in the long run, using CoursSmart would benefit me as a learner.

If I could talk to the teacher that this post is referring to, I would ask him/her the following questions.
*Could you see a change in the student's work ethic after using CourseSmart?
*Does it increase the work load for you as a teacher by using CourseSmart?
*Do you use the information you receive with CourseSmart when you give the students participation grades?

If I could interview the students in this class, I would ask them the following questions.
*Do you like your class using CourseSmart?
*Do you think that it benefits you as a student?
*Do you consider this new technology an invasion of privacy?

A comment I would leave for this blog post would be...
Thank you for sharing this information on CourseSmart. I think that this new technology is a great idea, and it will benefit the students as well as the teachers. I also believe that using CourseSmart in the classroom will improve the number of students reading their homework each night, and also improve their quality or reading and taking notes because they will know that their teacher is monitoring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment