Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project #10

Finding the Right Tool
When I become a teacher, I will most likely be teaching high school English or history. When I was searching for new ways that I could use technology in my classroom, I found a website created by Shelley Vernon that explains multiple ways that teachers can use technology. One of these ways that we have not discussed in EDM 310 is the use of a "Wiki". A wikispace is a site that you can sign in and interact with your students, and they can contribute their knowledge to the site as well. A wiki is different from a blog because it is refreshed every time someone edits is, and instead of getting longer, you only keep the current updates in your project. At www.wikispaces.com a K-12 teacher can create a free space at the moment if the space is public. I could use this tool to create class discussions about a novel we read or on a certain time in history, and I could post links that the whole class could see and comment on.

1 comment:

  1. The use of a Wiki is an excellent choice. I used this in my english classes at a junior college that I attended before transferring to South and it was very beneficial. The most beneficial aspect for me took place while using it for discussions. Being able to get my professor's and classmates input and opinions all in one place really helped me get a deeper meaning of what we were discussing. I could see this being very helpful and engaging to your future students. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to becoming an educator.

    ReplyDelete